Burn Permits, Special Events & Maps

Burning Permits

Burning permits are required throughout the year, AT NO CHARGE. Permits may be obtained by contacting the RM office. We will fax or email a copy if you are not able to come into the office.

You are then required to contact the Call Centre listed on permit before you start your control burn and after it is finished.

If your control burn has not been reported to both parties and 911 is contacted, you will be charged by the Fire Department and any fines the RM impose. The RM reserves the right to cancel any and all permits when weather dictates.

Fire pits and burning barrels are exempt from permits.

Permits are also Required For Fireworks

Best Practices for Open Burning 2015 Download
Open Burning Synopsis Download


Please note that effective December 1, 2016, the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Association has changed its rules regarding liquor permits for public events. Although the Hillmond Arena is operated by a group of volunteers, the title to the property is in the name of the Municipality. The new rules make the R.M responsible for issuing approvals on liquor permits for certain functions due to this name on title. A copy of the detailed rules are attached.

If you are planning any sort of function that may require municipal approval, please submit your request to us no less than 30 days prior to the event. We apologize for this new inconvenience, but we are obliged to follow provincial regulations in order to keep the liability of ratepayers and our Hillmond volunteer group minimized. http://hillmondreddenarena.com/

The Alcohol Control Regulations 2016
The Alcohol Control Regulations 2016 highlights
Special Occasion Permit Manual – June 22 2015

Municipal Maps

RM of Britannia No.502 Map  (Current as of April 2021)  Download

Combined Map Britannia-Wilton-Eldon  Download (No longer available in print)

2016-Greenstreet Map.pdf Download

2016-Hillmond Map.pdf Download

Maps Available for Purchase at the RM of Britannia Office:
All prices are subject to GST (5%)

RM of Britannia No. 502 $15.00
RM of Hillsdale No. 440 $15.00
RM of Manitou Lake No. 442 $15.00
RM of Turtle River No. 469 $15.00
RM of Paynton No. 470 $15.00
RM of Eldon No. 471 $15.00
RM of Wilton No. 472 $15.00
MR of Mervin No. 499 $15.00
RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501 $15.00
RM of Loon Lake No. 561 $15.00
County of Vermilion River $15.00
Homestead Map (showing original land owners) $15.00
Hamlet of Hillmond $5.00
Hamlet of Greenstreet $5.00